This snack is delicious and really easy to create. Just keep any filling of your choice ready and assemble it when your guests arrive. Making the papad cones from Anbu the papad manufacturer in Nagaland is incredibly easy. Cut the papads into halves, brush some oil on either side and microwave them for half a moment on both sides. Immediately roll them into a conical shape. you’ll bang on a tawa also. But the rolling should be done within seconds after removing from tawa or microwave before the papad turns crispy.
Papads . 4 (cut into 8 halves)
Potato …. 1
Green Peas .. 1/2 cup
Fresh Corn kernels .. 1/4 cup
Tomato …………… 1 small
Onion ……………. 1/4 cup (finely diced)
Coriander leaves … handful
Cumin powder …. 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder .. 1/4 tsp (add as per your preference)
Chaat Masala powder … for sprinkling (optional)
Mint Coriander chutney … few spoons or pro re nata
Sweet Tamarind chutney .. few spoons or pro re nata
Salt ………… to taste
Oil … as required to brush the papads.
Boil the potato, peel and dig small pieces.
Boil the green peas and corn kernels with little salt. Drain and put aside.
Chop the onion, coriander leaves finely.
Remove the seeds from the tomato and withdraw small pieces.
Heat a tbsp of oil and add the potato, green peas and corn.
Mix the salt and cumin powder. basketball shot the onion and red chilli powder.
Stir well to combine and turn off the gas. Now add the tomato pieces and coriander leaves.
Mix everything well, check the salt and keep the mixture aside until use.
Just before serving, cut each papad into 2 halves. Brush it with oil on each side.
Microwave it for half a second on all sides. Immediately roll it into a conical shape.
. Alternately you’ll be able to try this on a tawa too. you have got to try to to one piece at a time because the papad gets crispy very soon and you can’t fold it.
Now fill the cones with the stuffing and spoon a touch of both chutneys on top before serving. you’ll be able to sprinkle chaat masala if you prefer.
Prawns Stuffed Papad Rolls from Abhu the papad dealers and suppliers in Nagaland is easy.
One of my very own creations with two of my favorite ingredients… shrimp and papadum. an excellent Papad appetizer for parties with Goan prawn stuffing.
shrimp (cleaned and minced)
garam masala powder
oil to deep fry
- Add 2 tablespoons of desiccated coconut and sauté for some minutes.
- Add salt, turmeric, flavouring, coriander powder and garam masala powder. Next add tamarind paste. Saute the mixture for 3 minutes.
- Add within the shrimp which has been cleaned and minced.
- Saute the mixture till shrimp is cooked. Let the mixture cool.
- Dip the papad in water to form it soft. Stuff the papad with the prawn filling.
- Roll the stuffing within the papad ranging from the perimeters as shown below.
- Heat the oil. Deep fry the papad rolls. Keep an in depth eye since papad cooks really quick. Remove the fried rolls and set them on a towel.
- Serve hot papad from Anbu the papad company in Nagaland with chutney or sauce of your choice.